Tuesday, January 09, 2007

ON THE SHORES OF PORTUGAL by Eyal Golan


ON THE SHORES OF PORTUGAL by Eyal Golan


ON THE SHORES OF PORTUGAL English

I looked all my life for love
I was sailing a wandering ship
I crossed continents and sea

sand didn't find a loving woman
In a small port on the shores of Portugal
she waited in the lighthouse
The waves brought me luck and
I found a safe land with her

Chorus:

She will come back tonight
like a butterfly to the light -
I am like a guest there
Tonight it is important I know I have found love
She took me to the village alley
sand said: "we will live here for ever
You have sailed enough for me -
be a husband to me, not a guest"
For you my love I will sell the ship I'll build a lovers' lighthouse
Surrounded by gold walls

BACHOF SHEL PORTUGAL Hebrew

Chipasti ahava kol hachayim
hiflagti al sfina nodedet
Chatziti yabashot vegal yamim
velo hayta isha ohevet

Benamal katan bachof shel Portugal
al migdalor hi sham chikta li
Galey hayam heviu li
mazal chof mivtachim etzla matzati

Shuv halayla hi tashuv
kmo parpar laperach ani etzla ore'ach
Shuv halayla ze chasuv
achshav ani yode'a shematzati ahava

El simta'ot hakfar lakcha oti
amra li kan nichye lanetzach
Hiflagta kvar maspik lema'ani
tehyeh li ba'al velo ore'ach

Lema'anech hakol ahuvati
et hasfina emkor achshav
Evne lach migdalor shel ohavim
umisvivo chomot zahav

No comments:

We are back at home

Approx. 900,000 Jews were kicked out (with no right of return) of Muslim/Arabs countries all across the middle east and North Africa last ...